We all know the “REAL” super heros have capes! So recently, I went through my husband’s “clothing donation pile” and pulled out a few shirts to make capes for my little super heros. I was very excited with how they turned out and so were my super heros! This is a 5- Minute, No Cost, Super Hero Cape that you can personalize to fit your own super hero!
- Large, Old T-shirt (short or long sleeved)
- Fabric Markers (optional)
Super Hero Cape
1. Lay the t-shirt on the floor or a table with the front side facing up. Cut off both sleeves, just before the seem. (Set the sleeves aside.)
2. Cut from the edge of the sleeve toward the collar. Stop about 2 inches from the collar. Repeat on the other side.
3. Cut a slit about four inches into the middle of the collar.
4. Return back to the sleeve cuts and cut toward the center cut, creating a cape neck tie.
5. Finish, by separating the front of the shirt completely by cutting down the sides of the shirt.
6. Your cape is finished! You can use Fabric Markers to personalize and or decorate the cape.
1. To make a sleeve mask, slide the sleeve over your child’s head and mark the material where their eyes are located. Remove the sleeve, and poke the scissors through the material. Cut small holes for the eye holes. If the sleeve is a perfect fit, you are finished. If it is not, you may need to cut the sleeve on the backside in half and tie it in a knot to secure on your child’s head.