Ok, moms…this is a category full of activities for those days you are feeling a little EXTRA brave!
Materials: yogurt, cookie sheet, paint brushes, pretzel sticks, goldfish crackers, A BATH TUB
Yogurt Painting/Writing :
1. Before beginning, pull your yogurt out of the refrigerator to allow it time to warm up a little. Cold yogurt = very cold hands= not as much fun!
2. Have your child spread the yogurt out on the cookie sheet (or high chair tray).
3. Provide them with a paintbrush (designated for food fun), pretzels, cheerios, etc.
Yogurt Painting/Writing Activities:
1. Practice drawing shapes (circles, squares, triangles, etc.)
2. Older children can practice writing High Frequency Words (commonly used words), their name, Spelling Words, their numbers, and or solving math problems.
3. If you are using yogurt with fruit, have them go on a “treasure hunt” searching for the fruit then helping them to count how many they found. (You can also add cheerios to yogurt without fruit pieces.)
4. Have your child use a paint brush and give them a few different flavors/colors of yogurt to use to paint a picture. You could also use a little food coloring to change the color!
5. Use the yogurt as “glue” to help you build a tower or building with pretzel sticks, cheerios, or other favorite snack food.
6. Go “fishing” in the yogurt, by placing goldfish crackers in the yogurt and then “fishing” them out with your fingers.