Anyone else hate cleaning their microwave!? Scrubbing and picking crusted food or tomato sauce off of the sides and the top of my microwave is NOT how I prefer to spend my ‘free time’!
Well, I have the solution for you! Since beginning to clean my microwave with these few easy steps, I no longer jump on my husband if he pops a bowl of spaghetti into the microwave uncovered! And get this… there are sometimes when I even forget to cover my food now! Pretty crazy right… So easy, so simple, and you probably have these items in your kitchen right now! So, as soon as you finish reading this you will be able to run over and CLEAN your microwave for FUN! :)
- Medium-sized bowl(microwave safe)
- 3-4 cups of Warm Water
- 1 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Distilled Vinegar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
1. Combine all the ingredients into the bowl. Stir well.
2. Remove any metal shelves etc. from microwave. Keep the rotating tray at the bottom to hold the bowl.(This is just simply for easy cleaning afterwards.)
2. Place the bowl into your microwave for 10 minutes on the cook setting.
3. Carefully remove the bowl with pot holders, as the bowl will be very hot. Remove the bottom tray and place in the sink to clean.
4. Take a slightly damp paper towel or wash cloth and wipe off all the ‘gunk’ and water. Use a towel to finish drying the microwave.
Amazing right!? Everything came right off with just a gentle wipe! Now you will never need to scrap or pick crusted food off your microwave EVER AGAIN!