This is my Mom’s famous salad that is always a request at every holiday gathering. It’s a light salad that is quick to prepare and easy to take along to any get together or holiday party.
- 1lb Coleslaw Mix
- 1 cup Almonds
- 2 packets Chicken Ramen Noodles (lightly crunch the noodles apart before opening the bags)
- 1 bunch Green Onions (diced)
- 1 Green Pepper (diced)
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 2 packets Chicken Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 6 tablespoons Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
1. Combine the coleslaw mix, almonds, crushed ramen noodles, green onion, green pepper, and sunflower seeds into a large salad bowl; toss well.
2. Next, combine the chicken seasoning, olive oil, vinegar, sugar, and pepper together for the salad dressing.
3. 30 minutes before serving, pour just enough of the dressing on the salad to allow it to marinade into the salad mixture, then chill in the refrigerator. Serve the extra dressing on the side for those who might prefer a little more.