This is one of those meals that everyone enjoys! My husband frequently asks if I’m making ‘Bruschetta Stuffed Chicken’ when he sees I’m thawing chicken for dinner. I obviously don’t make this recipe enough… Our toddler boys refer to it as ‘cheesy chicken’ and I love that it’s easy, quick, delicious, and makes everyone happy! You can make your own Bruschetta for this recipe, but I’ll be really honest… I’m pretty sure I can’t make it nearly as delicious as Trader Joe’s!
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Bruschetta (store bought or your own recipe)
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Italian Seasoning
1. Begin by filleting your chicken breasts by slicing them in half horizontally.
2. On one side, spoon on the bruschetta, and then sprinkle mozzarella cheese. Replace the filleted piece of chicken on top and secure with toothpicks (vertically). Repeat for each chicken breast.
3. Place in a greased pan and bake in the oven at 350 degrees F or about 15-20 minutes or until the chicken in almost completely cooked.
4. Remove from the oven and place chicken in a skillet. Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning (Allow to cook in on low-medium for a few minutes. Remove the toothpicks and gently flip each chicken breast over and cook on the other side.