I admit I am typically NOT an oatmeal cookie lover, however these Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars are at the top of my all time favorite sweet treats list! The sweet flavor of maple syrup, chocolate chips, and the dash of all-spice make these the perfect afternoon snack for your little ones and their friends.
Big Brother has a very tender heart and is constantly offering his neighborhood friends snacks from our kitchen, however as of recently, if it’s a treat that he really enjoys, he asks me to only bring a few out to share and to “save the rest for later mom”. This selfish, but honest response makes me laugh a little as I admit I feel the same way when I discover a favorite treat! Please tell me that Big Brother and I aren’t the only ones struggling with a little dessert selfishness…
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9- x 13-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Next, melt butter and syrup in the microwave (or stove top).