I recently shared with you the copycat recipe for Chick-fil-a Lemonade and so many of you are also searching for the Chick-fil-a sweet Tea recipe, well here you go! Although I am not a huge tea fan, I am married to one! My husband (with some southern roots) has been making sweet tea for our friends and family for years! His favorite is an ‘Arnold Palmer’- 1/2 lemonade & 1/2 sweet tea. The secret ingredient in this Chick-fil-a Sweet Tea copycat recipe lies in the tea bags… just look below!
- tea pot
- 4 cups boiling water
- 3 large Tetly brand tea bags (Orange Pekoe also tastes very similar, Lipton brand offers great flavor and easiest to find.)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar (use an artificial sweetener for ‘light’ or ‘diet’ version)
- large 1 gallon pitcher
1. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil, pour into 1 gallon tea pitcher. Add sugar and stir to dissolve.
2. Add three tea bags to the pitcher. Let them infuse the water for at least fifteen minutes. (The longer, the stronger!) Although, do not allow your water to completely cool.
3. Gently squeeze excess water from the tea bags and remove. Finish by filling with cool water to 1 gallon line. Stir well.
4. Refrigerate to chill or serve immediately over a large glass of ice. Enjoy!