I have not always been a huge cake fan. I like cake, but don’t typically LOVE cake. I passed up these amazing mini bundt cakes from Nothing Bundt Cakes at our school staff meetings for a few months before I finally tried one. It was BY FAR the moistest, most delicious chocolate cake I’ve ever had! My favorite part, yes… the chocolate chips baked into this amazing cake!
We recently headed back to Ohio to visit my parents and attend a family reunion. I’ve had this recipe on hand for awhile waiting for an occasion to make it where I wouldn’t have to worry about leftovers being in our home! Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Bundt Cakes are just too delicious to leave lying around our home! The recipe was incredibly easy to make, as you simply ‘doctor’ up a boxed cake mix and then garnish it with a fantastic homemade cream cheese icing.
- Devils Food Chocolate Cake Mix
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 Small Instant Chocolate Pudding Pack
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Warm Water
- 1 Bag Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 8 ounce Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Powdered Sugar to right consistency. About 3 cups or less.
1. Begin by mixing the chocolate cake mix, eggs, sour cream, pudding, butter, and water together.
2. Mix on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in chocolate chips.
3. Grease your bundt pan. You can also use a 9×13, mini bundt pans, or muffins tins. Follow the directions on the cake box for baking (typically bundt or regular pans require 45-50 minutes, cupcakes require 18-20 minutes).
4. Let the cake cool for 20 minutes before removing from bundt pan.
5. While the cake is cooking, blend the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the powdered sugar; begin with 2 cups and then keep adding more until it is a nice thick consistency.
6. Fill the icing into a icing bag or a plastic bag to pipe over cake. (I used a Ziploc bag because I didn’t have a icing bag available). When icing, go from the middle out.
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy: