I began collecting hair bows as soon I found out we were having a girl last Fall! Although I assumed that our little girl would have a limited amount of blonde hair, just like our boys, one can only wish for head full of hair right!? Luckily, I found a few great headbands that I can clip all types of small bows on and soon Little Sister’s collection began.
In order to display/organize her bows, I created a DIY Hair Bow Frame. It was a simple, one day DIY project that I was able to coordinate with her bedroom colors to create a custom frame that fits perfectly with her nursery decor. This would also be a fantastic baby gift that you could create for a friend or family member as well!
- Large Wooden Frame (check out your local craft store or even thrift store)
- Paint (use leftover paint from the nursery, or coordinating paint colors)
- Staple Gun
- Sewing Machine (optional)
1. Paint the frame (be sure to paint the front and the sides of the frame). Let frame dry.
2. While the paint is drying, cut strips of ribbon to fit the length or width (depending on your preference) of the frame. Cut ribbon with about an 1/2- 1 inch extra on each end. Sew a simple hem in the ribbon on each end to keep it from fraying (optional).
3. When the paint has completely dried, secure one end of the ribbon with a staple gun to the back of the frame, pull the ribbon tightly then staple the other end.
4. Hang and display!