Easter is one my favorite holidays because of the fact that it provides everyone with the HOPE we need to continually face each day! That is exactly what my Easter Cross Wreath represents; HOPE!
For me personally it is also a reminder that Jesus’ death paid for my sins; a debt I forever grateful for. Because of his death and even more importantly his resurrection, I will never have to face the consequence I deserve for all of my sins; death. Although I will one day die, I will never have to face true death; eternal separation from God. From that choice I made many years ago, a truly intimate relationship with Jesus Christ has unfolded. One in which I grow more in more in love with God everyday as I see Him at work around me, I talk to Him, I hear from Him, and I follow His direction for my life and my family. This relationship has provided me with the ultimate soul completion and purpose for my life.
Without the cross, there would be no Easter!
- 1 Large Bundle of Twigs (*collect outdoors or purchase at your local craft store)
- 1 Small Bundle of Twigs
- Artificial flowers and fillers
- Hot Glue Gun
*The twig bundles I used on my Easter Cross Wreath were from Hobby Lobby and already came bound together, making it much easier and faster to secure them together into a cross.
1. Begin by trimming your bundles of twigs to the height and length you want them.
2. Secure them together into a cross with twine.
3. Trim the stems off of the artificial flowers and glue them into your preferred positioning.
4. Separate the filler flowers and tuck/twist them in between the branches. (Note: I did not need to secure them with glue, although you could if you felt the need.)
5. Create a loop with extra twigs to secure on the back as a way to hang your cross. (Note: The bundles of twigs I bought actually each came with a loop that I was able to remove and use to hang my wreath. Notice that we also secured it on the twine of the cross beams for extra durability.)
6. Now you can hang it on your door with any over the door hanger and enjoy this great reminder of the Hope we have this Easter season!