This year I wanted to create an Advent Calendar that we can use year after year, and is adaptable to our children’s ages. I found this fantastic idea for a Magnetic Advent Calendar from Davet Designs and absolutely fell in love with it! It is a fantastic Advent Calendar for many reasons: the materials are easy to find at Michael’s Craft Store (or any other favorite crafting store), it is durable to last for years, easy to adapt as your children get older, super cute and festive for the Christmas season, a great decoration to hang on your wall, but most importantly a fun way to capture and reflect on the real meaning of Christmas this season!
- 12×12 inch magnetic black frame
- 25 – 2 inch favor tins
- Magnets (magnetic strips cut into small sections work great)
- Modge Podge
- 1.75 inch paper punch (optional)
1. Cover the back of your frame with scrapbook paper, then paint over it with a layer of Mod Podge to seal. (Optional)
2. Create your own number labels or PRINT the ones above from Davet Designs.
3. Using the lid, trace a circle around the number, then cut.
4. Paint a thin layer of Mod Podge (I used matte) over the inside of the lid. Press the number circle paper onto the Mod Podge and smooth. Be sure to run your finger nail around the perimeter of the paper to seal the sides down. Allow to dry; it will dry clear!
5. Place small Bible verses, candies, and or other fun Christmas related activities inside each number tin. The great thing about this easy Magnetic Advent Calendar is that you can keep it the same year after year, or you can change it as your family changes! This year, we placed a small treat inside each number tin along with a verse/activity from Everyday Emmanuel!