Our boys would eat yogurt every meal if I allowed them. Recently, we’ve discovered a new way to eat this favorite treat! Frozen Yogurt Drops have become a new favorite ‘on the go’ snack for our boys. While my husband’s volleyball coaching season is currently in full swing, I am always looking for a quick, healthy snack to take along with us to the games. This season Frozen Yogurt Drops have been the clear winner even over… get this…their most beloved fruit snacks! Yes, it is so! Not a bad swap out either I might add! A look into our freezer will clearly show what the newest craze is in our home: Frozen Yogurt Drops and Blocks of Ice with Dinosaurs hidden inside! Oh life with toddlers… what did I do before kids when I had so much spare time? Does anyone remember their ‘before kids’ life!? Although, I wouldn’t change it for the world!
- Yogurt (your favorite flavors)
- Small ziploc baggie
- Non-stick pan (I love using our round cake pans; easier to store in the freezer)
1. Spoon yogurt into a small ziploc baggie. Release any extra air and seal.
2. Snip off a bottom corner of the baggie. Gently squeeze the yogurt into small balls on the non-stick pan.
3. Place in the freezer until completely frozen; 3-5 hours.
4. Remove the pan, turn the pan upside down and warm the bottom with your hand. Turn the pan over and gently pop the yogurt drops off the pan by pressing your thumb firmly against them. (They may melt a little and be a little sticky, but refreezing them will take care of this.)
5. Place them in another ziploc bag and into the freezer. Grab a few or even a bag and enjoy.
Note: I am a mom who does not mind my boys getting a little messy; that’s our lives! When I take these with us somewhere, I keep them chilled with an ice pack and keep wet wipes with us as some of the yogurt melts may be a little mushy depending on how long they are left out of the freezer before eating. I don’t mind the sticky fingers, but I would never take these with us to church or a nice restaurant…for us, these are a park, sporting event, or play date kinda snack. Eating them at home is much easier and a lot less messy!