Fruit Salsa is perfect for a crowd! There is nothing quite as delicious as the warm cinnamon sugar tortilla chips topped with the sweet chilled fruit salsa. It is a sweet treat that old and young are bound to enjoy! One thing I love about this dessert is that it can be used as an informal quick fresh snack, or can be ‘dressed up’ for a party!
For the Salsa
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 2 ‘sweet’ apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 pound strawberries
- 1-2 peaches, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor (Here’s my Homemade Strawberry Vanilla Bean Freezer Jam!)
For the Cinnamon Chips:
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, raspberries, strawberries, and frozen peaches. Then toss the apples in lemon juice to prevent browning; combine with the other fruit.
2. Next add the sugars and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
Cinnamon Sugar Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
3. Coat both sides of a flour tortilla with butter-flavored cooking spray. Cut into wedges using a pizza cutter and dredge each wedge in cinnamon-sugar mix.
4. Place in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Repeat until baking sheet is full. Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges.
5. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes (they will get crispier as they cool). Serve with chilled salsa.
Perfect with Pound Cake, Angel Food Cake and Ice Cream.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes.com