One of our favorite salad’s has to be Caesar Salad. We’ve have had it from so many different restaurants and various styles. At home, it’s a quick meal that my husband and I enjoy; our boys aren’t quite salad lovers yet, but they love the chicken along with a vegetable. So when I stumbled across this recipe for Grilled Romaine Caesar Salad, I knew I had to try it! The idea of grilling the romaine lettuce seemed like a great way to add even more flavor without adding extra dressing/calories. We absolutely love the ‘grilled’ taste! The greatest thing about this recipe is that it’s quick and easy, but also delicious enough to share with a crowd! We hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 2 large heads of romaine lettuce (or 4 small romaine hearts)
- 1/4 cup- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp.- garlic salt
- 1 lemon
- 1-2 ounces- shaved Parmesan cheese
- 4- boneless, skinless chicken breasts *
- Caesar dressing
*Chicken is optional and should be prepared as you like it (we seasoned it with Italian seasoning)
1. Place romaine hearts on large rimmed aluminum tray and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with garlic salt. turn romaine on tray to coat evenly with oil and garlic salt.
2. Heat grill to medium high. Place romaine on grill for 3 to 4 minutes, turning several times to get a light grilled color on the romaine.
3. Serve romaine hearts whole or chopped. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over salad and toss with shaved Parmesan. It is perfect with a light caesar salad dressing, or a caesar vinaigrette.