Materials: red paper, stickers, markers, scissors,
1. Draw and cut hearts out of red paper.
2. Cut the hearts in two; cutting puzzle like lines and curves into the pieces.
3. Write numbers on one half of the heart, then help your child put that same number of stickers on the other half of the heart.
4. Mix the pieces up and work with your child to put the pieces together, matching the puzzles lines and the stickers/numbers.
5. Finally, make the activity more independent (when they are ready) by allowing them to do it on their own.
(*Note: Be careful not to do this final step too soon, or it can lead them to frustration rather than success!