This recipe is INCREDIBLE! A sweet friend shared this recipe with my husband and I after we both raved about how fantastic her coffee was a few months ago. We have been making Homemade Cinnamon Coffee for get-togethers, our small group, family, and ourselves ever since! The aroma of cinnamon coffee fills your entire home and the flavor can be as intense or subtle as you prefer. While I prefer the first or second cup with a mild cinnamon flavor, my husband likes to drink one of the last cups in the coffee pot for the full cinnamon flavor.
This is a perfect Holiday drink for guests or even for your Christmas morning coffee while you open presents! I can’t wait to hear your thoughts about one of our new favorite ways to make coffee; I’m off to discover more great homemade coffee recipes… who knew it was this easy to brew such fantastic coffee!?
- 10 cups of water
- 3 whole cinnamon sticks
- 3 heaping teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 cup ground coffee (unflavored)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Pour 10 cups of water into your drip coffee machine.
2. Put 4 whole cinnamon sticks and 3 heaping teaspoons brown sugar into the glass pot.
3. Put 1 cup ground coffee and 1 teaspoon cinnamon into the brew basket. Brew and stir it well. (the longer it sits, the better it gets!)
Adapted from: Taste of Texas Restaurant
photo credit: Tumbler.com