- small box of pectin
- 3/4 cup water (add a few Tablespoons less if you prefer a thicker jam)
- 2 lbs of fresh strawberries
- fresh vanilla bean pod
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- freezer-proof jars/containers
1. Combine the strawberries and sugar in a large pot and cook on medium heat for five minutes; stir continuously. Lower the heat, and mash the strawberries. (*Note: I find that mashing the strawberries after I cook them is much easier!)
2. Combine the water and pectin in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Pour over the strawberries and stir well.
3. Next, slice open the vanilla bean pod and scrap the seeds into the pot. Stir together well and remove from the heat.
4. Allow the jam to cool for about five minutes, then pour into freezer-safe containers while still warm. You can store jam in the refrigerator for up to three weeks or in the freezer for up to six months. Enjoy!