- 3.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 cups salted butter or margarine(softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 (3 oz) pkg jello (you can choose any of your favorites)
1. Beat butter in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Blend in egg and vanilla. Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
2. Divide dough into 4 sections. Sprinkle 2 Tb of jello onto each section. Knead together with dough. You may want to add a few drops of food coloring to make the dough more vibrant.*Note: I used Charm City Cakes Electric Colors Gel; I was so excited how bright the colors turned out! Watch out food gel stains…
3. PLAY! Enjoy your JELLO Playdough! (It is your choice if you want to keep the colors separate or mix them during playtime.)
4. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in the extra jello from the packets. Place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of bowl (we let our little guys use their toy hammer; they loved pounding on the cookies).
5. Bake 8 to 10 min at 350 on lined baking sheets. Cool on baking sheets 2 min. Remove to wire racks and cool completely.