Love the look of layered drinks? Curious how to create your own? Great news; it’s simple and takes less than 2 minutes! The secret lies in their sugar content. Because it is close to the 4th of July, I am going to share with you how we recently made Red, White, and Blue Layered Drinks! You can take this recipe and adapt it for any holiday, favorite sports team, or even as a fun, decorative beverage for a party.
- 3 different colored drinks with varied sugar content; remember that the highest sugar content will be on the bottom
- Red= Gatorade G2 (0 grams)
- White= Powerade (17 grams)
- Blue= Hawaiian Punch (21 grams)
- Licorice (cut ends off to use as a straw)
- large clear glass/cup
1. Add ice to the top of the glass, then carefully pour in the drink with the highest sugar content first. (If you are using three colors, fill about 1/3 of the way.)
2. Slowly pour in the next drink (the medium sugar content).
3. Finally, slowly add the final drink (the least sugar content).
4. Garnish with a licorice straw; enjoy!
Recipe originally from: Sugar Bean Bakers