My mom is known for her Chex Mix! She actually makes a few different versions but THIS is her traditional/original recipe that everyone looks forward to at Christmas time. It will also occasionally make an appearance on a family vacation. Mom’s Original Chex Mix is a delicious, easy treat to make for co-workers, friends, family, and anyone else on your Christmas list. Since my husband and I have been married, I have been making this for gifts every year. Every year my mom says that since I’m making it she won’t make any, but she always caves and makes a big batch! For our family, Mom’s Original Chex Mix will always be apart of Christmas! What treat is always apart of your Christmas?
One Box of Each:
- Cheese crackers
- Rice Chex
- Corn Chex
- Wheat Chex
- Mixed Nuts
- Cheese Curls/Cheetos
- 1 cup Margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 3 teaspoons Lawry’s Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1. Begin by combining all the cereals, crackers, etc. together in a large pan. Be sure to use a large enough container (or separate into 2 containers) so that you are able to stir the chex mix. What’s her secret… well we prefer baking the chex mix because it keeps the cereal crunchy and fresh.
2. Combine the margarine, garlic salt, seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce in a sauce pan on low-medium heat or in the microwave for about one minute. Stir until margarine is melted and ingredients are well-combined.
3. Pour the sauce mixture over the chex mix and stir to spread throughout.
4. Bake at 250 degrees for one hour; removing to stir every 15 minutes.