Last week my husband and I attended a conference all week with all three kids. This was the first time since having Little Sister that we’ve had to be somewhere early in the morning all week long… needless to say we were not on time most days! As someone who loves (and needs) adequate sleep I hate waking up a minute earlier than needed, so I forgot to factor in the the extra diaper changes and nursing that needed to take place before we could get out the door. I’ve got the staying at home morning routine down, but we are still working on the whole ‘getting out the door’ morning routine!
For these crazy mornings, we recently created a new Breakfast Wonton Cup recipe that has been a perfect solution! Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Wonton Cups are a healthy breakfast solution that are low fat, packed with protein, and paired with the delicious crunch of a wonton cup. These are a perfect make-ahead breakfast that can quickly be reheated in the morning for a quick breakfast at home, or on the go.
- 6 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Package of Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese
- Wonton Wraps
1. Crack the eggs into a small bowl and add milk. Beat with a whisk.
2. Pour eggs into a preheated pan. Scramble.
3. Stir in Turkey Sausage Crumbles and cheese to the eggs.
4. Spray mini muffin pan with non-stick spray. Press one wonton wraps down into each muffin cup. (This is a perfect job for your little sous chef(s)!)
5. Fill each wonton wrap with a large spoonful of sausage, egg, and cheese. Top with additional cheese.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
To store: Place wonton cups in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Jimmy Dean, opinions are my own.
#spon: I'm required to disclose a relationship between our site and Jimmy Dean. This could include Jimmy Dean providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.