Soft, moist, and delicious! We love banana bread but do not particularly love ‘diet’ food. However, since my husband and I have been working hard at coming up with a healthier twist to some of our favorite ‘not-so-healthy recipes’ we have created a few really great substitutes that we are thrilled about! Skinny Banana Bread is one of them! Our boys loved it and had no idea that we had ‘skinnified’ the recipe! Go ahead, try it and see if your family can tell the difference!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (you could also use 2 cups of w.wheat flour in place of the 1 cup all-pur. flour)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray the pan with nonstick spray, then lightly coat with flour. Tap out excess flour.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, whisk together.
- Place honey and butter in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute). Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana, yogurt, and vanilla; beat until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist. Spoon batter into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.