This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Avocados from Mexico. All opinions are 100% mine.
The taste and smell of peppermint always reminds me of the Christmas season! This December I was excited to partner with Avocados from Mexico to create a fun, seasonal baking recipe with their delicious avocados. I admit I was a little leary of baking with avocados and was nervous it would taste strange/extremely ‘healthy’, however there is not a hint of avocado taste in the brownies! Even my husband who is NOT a peppermint fan loved these brownies; this I credit to the fact that I added peppermint candies to the brownie batter and not the extract. If you prefer a stronger peppermint flavor I recommend adding peppermint extract as well.
Well, I admit adding avocado in place of the oil in the recipe was a success! I have substituted apple sauce in the past for oil/butter but the recipes always tasted a little dry. Substituting avocado was perfect as it created such a moist, chewy brownie. I can’t wait to see what other recipes I can substitute avocado with in the future!
- Favorite boxed brownie mix
- 1 cup Peppermint candy canes (crushed)
- 1/2 cup of Avocado, smashed*
(*amounts will vary according to the brownie mix)
1. Follow the directions on your boxed brownie mix except substitute avocado in place of the oil.
2. Add in 1/4 cup of crushed candy canes (or 1 tsp of peppermint extract depending on whether or not you want the extra crunch)
3. Sprinkle the remained 3/4 cup of crushed candy cane on top of the brownies before baking.
4. Bake. (according to the box directions) Allow to completely cool before cutting.
Recipe adapted from: Avocados from Mexico.com
I recently submitted this recipe in the Avocados from Mexico’s Better Baking Sweepstakes. Enter your recipes to win up to $2,500 in icard giftcards!
Try your hand at baking with avocados then you too can enter to win! Enter the sweepstakes from now until 12/31/12. (Sweepstakes runs from 11/30/12 until 12/31/12)