As Christmas lights are being strung around town and inflatable Snowmen and Santas are beginning to appear, so do the Starbucks Holiday drinks! Today I just had to share my FAVORITE Christmas time latte with you; the Caramel Brulee Latte! As for those little crunchy caramel sprinkles on top… yes you must include those! So as you begin pulling down your boxes of Christmas decorations turn on your espresso machine and brew one of these!
- 2 oz. espresso or strong coffee
- 8 oz. steamed milk
- 1 oz. vanilla bean syrup (*see recipe below)
- 2 tbsp. caramel ice cream topping
- whip (optional)
- caramel candied sprinkles (optional) These can be found at Michael’s in the baking aisle.
1. Line mug with caramel topping, and add syrup to cup.
2. Brew coffee or espresso, then to the syrup.
3. Steam milk and pour into cup.
4. Top with whip and caramel candies. (optional)
Recipe originally from: Fox News
*DIY Vanilla Bean Syrup
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 moist vanilla bean, preferably Mexican or Bourbon (Madagascar)
1. In a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar. With a thin sharp paring knife, split the vanilla bean lengthwise in half. Scrape out the seeds and add the seeds and bean to the pan. Simmer over moderate heat until reduced to 1 cup, about 10 minutes. Let cool, then discard the bean.
2. You can make the syrup up to 1 week ahead; cover and refrigerate.
Note: Even after they have been cooked, scraped vanilla bean pods have a lot of flavor. To make vanilla sugar, dry them well and place in a jar of sugar for at least 2 weeks, adding more as you have them.
Recipe from: The Splendid Table