We love to make all types of coffee drinks around our house! With a name like ‘Cheerios and Lattes’ I’m sure that’s not too hard to for you to believe. Our favorite coffee shops are those with an ‘at home feel’, you know the ones- with worn couches and antique coffee tables set up segmenting little nooks for you to sit and chat. While I do enjoy Starbucks, I admit I am not a die-hard fan. I prefer more of the local, no-name places. However, today I am excited to share a Starbucks Frappuccino Copycat Recipe that is sure to please even the true die-hard Starbucks fan; with the benefit of enjoying in right at home! The best part is that you can adapt this Original Frappuccino recipe to create all their specialty, seasonal drinks (ex. Cookies and Cream, Pumpkin Pie, Peppermint Mocha, etc.). I’ll be sharing some of those secret copycat tricks with you soon!
- 2 cups crushed iced
- 2-1 ounce shots of espresso OR use 3/4 cup of double strength (strong) coffee mixed with 1/2 cup of milk and increased crushed iced amount by 1/4 cup.
- 3/4 cup your choice of milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar (more or less depending on preference)
- optional whipped cream in a can or freshly made and chocolate syrup
- Blend all the ingredients except the whipped cream in a blender for 30-45 seconds. Pour into a tall glass and top off with whipped cream and garnish with chocolate syrup. Best served with a straw. Enjoy!
Mocha Frappuccino Variation: Prepare everything the same as a regular Frappuccino (recipe above) except reduce sugar to 2 tablespoons and add 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup. Enjoy!
*Use Splenda, flavored coffee syrups, or flavored coffee creamers for a portion of the milk. For a richer beverage, use half and half, or heavy cream for a portion of the milk.
Original Recipe from: Savory Sweet Life