Taco Soup is an all-time favorite in our home! An easy recipe that is great for those cool days! Taco Soup has become one of those recipes friends and family ask for when they come and I occasionally get an email or text request for the recipe. Yes, it is THAT good! My husband is also insistent that the ONLY way to eat this soup is not with a spoon, but with Frito Scoops. Our boys also prefer to eat it this way as well. So next time you come for a visit, know that when Taco Soup is served there is rarely a spoon on the table!
- 1lb Ground Beef or Turkey
- 1 can Kidney Beans
- 1 can Pinto Beans
- 1 can Corn
- 2 cans Stewed Tomatoes ((Blended; if preferred) )
- 1 can Green Chilis ((small can for mild) )
- 2 cups Water
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 packet Ranch Dressing Mix
- Shredded Cheese
- Frito Scoop Chips
1. First, brown the meat in olive oil on the stove.
2. Combine all ingredients (except for cheese and chips) in the crock pot and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
3. Serve in bowls with shredded cheese and Frito chips.