Tacos are a family-friendly meal that our whole family loves! My husband and I typically turn ours into a taco salad while our boys love their tacos with lots of cheese. We recently turned our love for tacos and my recent obsession with wonton cups into a new favorite recipe; Taco Wonton Cups. The wonton wrappers when baked in the oven create a perfect crisp for the ‘taco’ shell while the centers remain slightly soft and a little chewy… perfect! You can top your Taco Wonton Cups with your favorite hot sauce, avocado, sour cream, or whatever else you prefer. We also gave our Taco Wonton Cups them a huge thumbs up for leftovers the next day; eat them individually, or crunch 1 or 2 over a bed of lettuce for a quick taco salad!
- 1lb Ground Beef or Turkey
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Avocado (optional)
- Wonton Wrappers
- Muffin Tin
1.Begin by browning the ground beef or turkey in a pan. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Drain off any grease and the taco seasoning to the meat mixture; combine well.
3. Spray your muffin tins with non-stick spray. Place a wonton wrap in each section and gently press it down to the bottom.
4. Place a small spoonful of meat-sauce mixture on top of each wrap. Then spread a thin layer of the cheese, and finally a spoonful of salsa.
5. Then re-layer again: wonton, meat, cheese, salsa. (Each cup will have two layers of all ingredients.)
6. Cook at 375 F. for 18-20 minutes.
7. Allow 3-5 minutes to cool, then top with sour cream and avocado (optional).
Check out more recipes from our Wonton Cup Collection: