Looking for a fun way to include the whole family in giving thanks this Thanksgiving? Try adding a little surprise of: fun, thankfulness, and laughs to your Thanksgiving dinner table! Thanksgiving Rolls with a Surprise are a great way to get everyone talking, sharing, and laughing together at dinner.
- Package of Jumbo Crescent Rolls
1. Choose one of the the following ideas from below for ‘Customizing Your Family’s Thanksgiving Rolls Season*.
2. Wrap all paper in foil, then place the foil at the end of the large triangular section of the dough. Roll from the large section toward the small section.
3. Bake as directed on the package.
4. Have fun celebrating Thanksgiving together.
*Ideas for Customizing Your Family’s Thanksgiving Rolls This Season:
1. Have everyone secretly write one or a few things they are thankful for on a small piece on paper, then wrap in foil. The person who gets that roll has to guess who wrote it.
2. The host writes ‘Thanksgiving sharing starters” on pieces of paper, then wrap in foil. The person who gets that roll has to answer that question before they can eat their roll.
- Who is one person who has been a particular blessing in your life this year?
- What is one difficult event you faced this year that you are now very thankful for?
- When do you find it the easiest to be thankful?
- When do you find it the hardest to be thankful?
3. Have everyone secretly draw one thing they are thankful for, then wrap in foil. The person who gets that roll has to guess what it is and who drew it. This can be particularly fun with young children who can not yet write.
4. For those families who draw names for who to buy for for Christmas, this is the perfect time. Write everyone’s name on a piece of paper, wrap in foil, then whoever’s name is in your ‘Thanksgiving Roll’ that’s who you buy for at Christmas! (Great way to organize your Secret Santa exchange!)