- 3 quarts (12 cups) of unsalted popcorn (Click here to see my EASY Gourmet Popcorn in a Bag recipe)
- 1 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of Light Karo Syrup
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
1. First cook your popcorn and prep the large paper bag by coating the inside in nonstick spray. Add popcorn to the bag; set aside.
2. Combine the brown sugar, Karo, margarine, and salt in a heat resistant bowl. Stir well. Microwave on high for two minutes, uncovered. Stir well again. Microwave for an additional two minutes.
3. Stir in the baking soda, stir well. Pour caramel mixture over the popcorn in the bag. Do not shake.
4. Microwave on high for 90 seconds. Shake bag well. Microwave on high for 45 more seconds. Shake well.
5. Pour into a pan, or on a cookie sheet to cool. Add is extras: candy, nuts, etc. (optional)
(For Fall, I recommend Caramel Apple Candy Corn is in this recipe!)
Stores best in an airtight container.