- 1 1/2 lb tomatillos
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup of jalapeno peppers, chopped
- Salt to taste
1. Remove papery husks from tomatillos and rinse well.
2. Roast the tomatillos. Cut the tomatillos in half and place the cut side down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Place under a broiler for about 5-7 minutes to lightly blacken the skin.
3. Place tomatillos, lime juice, onions, cilantro, garlic, peppers, sugar in a food processor (or blender) and pulse until all ingredients are finely chopped and mixed. Season to taste with salt. Cool in refrigerator.
Serve with chips or as a salsa accompaniment to Mexican dishes.
Makes 3 cups.