By now, you may have realized we have a real love for pudding cookies! It’s amazing to me how a box of pudding can create the most moist and chewy cookies EVER! If you haven’t tried it yet, it’s a must! For our second day of advent this year our little ‘task’ was to make Christmas cookies together. Since it’s still the beginning of December I decided to trial/create a new pudding cookie recipe using our favorite pudding cookie base.
The Chocolate Peppermint Pudding Cookies turned out fantastic with just the right amount of peppermint taste… not too strong. Even my husband who isn’t crazy about peppermint and chocolate together agreed they were good! The only problem came when Day 3 of our Advent Calendar said to share our Christmas cookies with our friends and neighbors… although the boys love to share, they were very concerned that we save a few as well! I agreed! 😉 We will definitely be adding these cookies to our Cookie Exchange List this year and making them again soon!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (3.4 ounce) packages of chocolate pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and peppermint baking chips. Drop cookies in rounded balls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake for 10- 12 minutes in the oven. Edges and tops will be golden brown.
If you enjoy this recipe, you may also enjoy: