One of my favorite seasonal Fall drinks is apple cider! I love a good Caramel Apple Cider, so when we have guests over one of my favorite winter drinks to make is Crock Pot Apple Cider! This recipe is so easy and we have been making it for years for our youth group kids, family, and friends, and now our own kids. My favorite is to add a drizzle of caramel syrup to my mug for a sweet caramel apple cider.
So this Fall/Winter warm up with a sweet mug of Crock Pot Apple Cider; perfect for cool weather and so soothing for those winter sore throats!
- 2 quarts of Apple Cider (I prefer Tree Top Brand)
- 1/4 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1 Orange ~ unpeeled, and cut into wedges
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 tsp. Whole Cloves
- 1 tsp. Whole Allspice
1. Pour the apple cider into your crock pot. Gently stir in the brown sugar until dissolved.
2. Add the ginger, orange, and cinnamon sticks.
3. Place the whole allspice and whole cloves in a metal tea ball or cheesecloth (for easy removal later).
4. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
5. Serve warm with the option of caramel syrup and whipped cream.