Today is Teacher Appreciation Day!
Here is what my little guys made for their “teachers” today!
I LOVE this recipe/gift idea! SO EASY and SO CUTE! I have a feeling I will be making these Edible Candy Crayons quite often! There’s a little personal note as to why and for whom my toddlers are making “Teaching Appreciation” treats: In California we had a wonderful Spanish-speaking babysitter for our boys who loved them to pieces. In moving to Texas, I am SO blessed to only need to work part-time. I love being able to spend the mornings eating breakfast, playing, taking walks, riding bikes, and reading with my boys; I really appreciate the much calmer pace. While I am working our boys go to an in-home bilingual childcare. I was a little nervous about this at first, but our boys LOVE it, and their “teachers” are great! They both are so excited to see their friends each day and their Spanish is really improving! We’ve always chosen a Spanish-speaking babysitter because my husband and I both speak Spanish (he more than I), and know we have a calling on our lives to serve as missionaries. We don’t know if we will end up in a Spanish-speaking country but feel that the Lord will use this ability in some way.
- Pretzel Rods
- Candy-Coated Chocolate Disks
- Crayon Wrappers (printable) -click to download from Our Best Bites!
- Travel-sized Bar Soap Container
1. Break the pretzel rods into the size you want or that will fit into the container you plan to put them into.
2. Melt the candy disks in separate containers. Dip both ends of the pretzel rod into the chocolate and tap off extra coating.
3. Place on a non-stick cookie sheet or a on a piece of wax paper to dry. Allow time to dry.
4. Print, cut, and tape the Crayon Wrappers (download) onto each pretzel rod.
5. Fill the Container with Edible Crayons and create a personalized label.
Recipe originally from: Our Best Bites