The Cat in the Hat- Dr. Seuss
(click on the book to read more at Amazon)
“Poor Dick and Sally. It’s cold and wet and they’re stuck in the house with nothing to do . . . until a giant cat in a hat shows up, transforming the dull day into a madcap adventure and almost wrecking the place in the process!” (amazon.com)
1. Cat in the Hat “Hat Pattern” Snacks:
- Mini Marshmallows
- Fresh Raspberries
- Skewer Sticks
1. Draw your child’s attention to The Cat in the Hat’s Hat. Ask them to notice what colors are on his hat and bring to their attention (by saying the color names again and again) that they are in a pattern.
2. Give them a skewer stick (wooden), raspberries, and marshmallows. Ask them if they can make The Cat in the Hat’s Hat on their stick. *Note: Depending on the age, you may need to offer more or less assistance.
3. Have them “read” the color names on their stick back to you before they eat it!
2. Visit Cat in the Hat ONLINE
Watch short videos, print out coloring pages, play games etc. HERE!
3. Make a Cat in the Hat “Hat”
- Hat Pattern Print-out: Click HERE!
- Red crayons/markers
- Red Construction Paper
1. Print out the hat pattern and have your child color it.
2. When they finish, cut the red construction paper into thirds and use it to create a hat band around the child’s head. Staple the ends together and then staple the hat pattern on the front of the band.