This is definitely one of my all-time favorite desserts! Frozen Strawberry Crunch reminds me of a more ‘mature and formal’ version of those strawberry crunch bars I ate as a child in the summertime. I have had this on my ‘to bake’ list for the past two months and couldn’t wait to share it with all of you! So, while visiting my parents, I ‘talked my mom into’ helping me make this for dessert (which was not too difficult). Even my dad who “doesn’t really like strawberries” had a few servings. Our boys loved it and it even made Big Brother’s list of ‘God, thank you for__’ prayers that evening! Caution: If you like strawberries, this dessert may be especially dangerous for you!
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 (10 oz) boxes or bags of Frozen Strawberries
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 pint of whipping cream
1. First, lightly mix the crunch layer/topping ingredients together.
2. Place in an oblong pan and bake at 400 degrees for approximately 20 minutes. Stir frequently; bake until golden brown. (May not require all 20 minutes.)
3. Allow to cool. Place 1/3 of the mixture at the bottom of your serving dish. (An oblong dish works especially well; optional)
4. Next, begin the filling. Beat egg whites. Gradually add sugar, and lemon juice, vanilla, and frozen strawberries. Slowly fold in whipping cream while beating for approximately 15-20 minutes.
*Note: This can be VERY messy since the strawberries are frozen. (Taken from much experience, it helps to very slightly defrost the strawberries in the microwave.) Be cautious, knowing it can be messy will help!
5. Pour 1/2 of the filling on top of the crumb mixture in the dish, repeat both layers, with a final crumb topping layer on the top. Freeze Overnight.
Serve Frozen. Enjoy!