This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Avocados from Mexico. All opinions are 100% mine.
With so many fabulous guacamole recipes out there, I am so excited to share with you a fabulous original guacamole recipe from our family to yours! We love the slight ‘kick’ that the roasted, seasoned sunflower seeds add to this guacamole recipe; it’s definitely a recipe others will be requesting from you for their next party!
- 4 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon each cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper
- 4 fully ripened avocados from Mexico, halved, pitted and peeled
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
1. In a small bowl, combine sunflower seeds, oil, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, cumin, paprika and cayenne; mix well until seeds are coated.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, cook coated pumpkin seeds, stirring frequently, until seeds begin to pop and are puffy and golden. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. To make guacamole, in a large bowl combine avocados, lime juice, tomatoes, onion, cilantro and remaining salt. With a spatula or potato masher, coarsely mash mixture until well-combined and chunky. Sprinkle with reserved sunflower seeds. Serve with warm tortillas or chips.
This recipe was inspired by Avocados from Mexico’s: Pumpkin Spookamole.
Looking for more fun ways to Green your Halloween?
Check out Avocados from Mexico’s fantastic Ghoulishly Green Halloween board example OR myCheerios and Lattes: ‘Ghouliciously Green Halloween’ Pinterest Board!
I had never visited Avocados from Mexico before entering this great contest! Wow, I’ve been missing out! I had no idea there were so many amazing recipes out there made with avocados! I am still drooling…check out a few of my favorite avocado Halloween recipes:
Enter the Pin to Win contest today for a chance to win 1 of 10 $100 Gift Cards, or
check out Green Halloween® as well asAvocados from Mexico Facebook page!