Nothing screams Fall-time like the smell of apples and cinnamon. Fall is definitely my favorite time of year, and our Homemade Crockpot Cinnamon Applesauce is one of our family’s favorites on a cool afternoon! Smells trigger so many memories, and one hope I have is that the smell of our crockpot applesauce will trigger memories of Sunday afternoons together as a family for our boys as they grow older. We love to eat this applesauce by itself, for breakfast mixed into our oatmeal, or as a dessert with a little ice cream!
- 7-8 Medium Apples (use a mix of different types of apples for the best flavor)
- 1 Cinnamon Stick/ 1 1/2 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of Lemon Juice
- 1 Large Strip of Lemon Peel
- 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup of Water
1. Begin by coring, slicing, and chopping the apples into small chunks.
2. Combine all the ingredients into the crock pot and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours. I always prefer to cook it on low; letting it cook all day.
3. Finally, mash or puree the applesauce to reach your desired consistency.