Ready for this one!?! Here’s a copycat favorite for all of those whose thoughts of fall include a Pumpkin Spice Latte. The key to this copycat is actually their Pumpkin Spice Syrup, which you can buy in store or use the recipe below to make your own! Add the syrup to a homemade latte and you’ve got the taste of Starbucks right at home INCLUDING the fabulous aroma! Now that’s a HUGE bonus to making your own!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
- Starbucks pumpkin spice syrup (recipe below)
1. Add pumpkin spice syrup to the bottom of your mug.
2. Steam your milk. Pour a little milk into your mug and stir to combine with syrup.
3. Pull a shot or two (depending) and immediately add to your milk/syrup.
4. Top with the rest of your steamed milk and froth. Stir together. Enjoy!
Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups superfine sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- Combine the water and sugar in a saucepan.
- Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the spices and the pumpkin and continue to simmer for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and strain the syrup through cheesecloth, tea towel, or strainer. Depending on the type of strainer you use, you may need to strain the syrup twice.
- Allow the syrup to cool, then refrigerate the syrup in a tightly closed jar for up to a month.
Syrup Recipe originally from: CopycatRecipeGuide.com